About Me

My photo
Greetings and Welcome to http://www.crittersgaloreandsomuchmore.blogspot.com/ and also http://www.gardeneroflight.blogspot.com/ From these spaces I want to share my love of animals and Nature and Life in general. So here you will find stories, information, reminiscences, an occasional bit of advice and a recipe or two. Please check them both out!!!

Monday, January 23, 2012

Why did I "rescue" a cactus?

   I know this photo isn't in focus, but I was perched rather precariously on top of a ladder at the time. I wasn't going to be picky.
   What I'm trying to show is what I saw growing in my rain gutter the other day. Don't know how long it had been up there. Obviously for a while. But that is not a good place for any plant to grow. Including a cactus. I'm not a huge fan of this type of plant. I admire them for all their fascinating qualities, but I don't really enjoy trying to maneuver around their thorns.  Thats why I'm trying to figure out why I felt so compelled to "rescue" this little one.
    I've been trying to be more conscious of trying to see the sacredness in all things. Or perhaps the tenacity of this little plant is showing me something.  Whatever it is..... this little cactus has my admiration.
    Just look at this root system it developed!


So here it is. All safe and sound in a little pot of soil all its own.   I'll have to read up on whats best for it.  So its "home" will probably be changing.  Kinda' cute, isn't he?

No comments:

Post a Comment