About Me

My photo
Greetings and Welcome to http://www.crittersgaloreandsomuchmore.blogspot.com/ and also http://www.gardeneroflight.blogspot.com/ From these spaces I want to share my love of animals and Nature and Life in general. So here you will find stories, information, reminiscences, an occasional bit of advice and a recipe or two. Please check them both out!!!

Friday, January 6, 2012

Of course I took him in!!!

1st Day Inside
Back in June 2011 a little kitten showed up under my mother's mobile home. With daytime temperatures in the mid to upper 90's F and no rain for weeks, it's chances of survival weren't very good. So I finally managed to trap it. A trip to my vet to test for FIV and Feline Leukemia was next. Both results were negative! Its a BOY! And his age was guesstimated at six to seven weeks. Named him Merlin.
Brought him home to stay isolated in my bedroom for awhile as he healed from some abrasions he got during his time out in the big, bad world.

Merlin helping with house cleaning.

It wasn't long before he made himself at home, and even tried to help me with chores. What a good guy! He especially loves to "tend" the houseplants. As a result of that, most of my plants moved outdoors. I decided to give him a proper name afterwards. So his complete name is Wilford Merlin Dobbyns. Yep, WMD. The initials are very fitting!
But what a handsome little fellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment