About Me

My photo
Greetings and Welcome to http://www.crittersgaloreandsomuchmore.blogspot.com/ and also http://www.gardeneroflight.blogspot.com/ From these spaces I want to share my love of animals and Nature and Life in general. So here you will find stories, information, reminiscences, an occasional bit of advice and a recipe or two. Please check them both out!!!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Obviously I was Mistaken......

    There has been a new development in the egg laying around here. Its definitely NOT business as usual for my chickens.
    Here is Reuben the Rooster. Or so I thought. Looks kind of like one, doesn't he? Slim built and smallest of the four. Attitude up the wahzoo!! Wasn't laying eggs. Yep, thats a rooster.


   Turns out Reuben laid the egg on the left in this photo. Its the third one that looks like that. So I'm assuming "he" laid all three. I actually saw him lay this one.   All three eggs are noticeably  larger than the others, a different shape and have a strange texture to the shells. 
  So you never know what Life is going to bring your way!!
   As another size comparison, here is Helga/Hank. No eggs from this one either. But notice the big, fat hen shape. Hester is almost as big! Hermoine is on the daintier side... but still bigger than Reuben.
   What a bunch!!!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment