About Me

My photo
Greetings and Welcome to http://www.crittersgaloreandsomuchmore.blogspot.com/ and also http://www.gardeneroflight.blogspot.com/ From these spaces I want to share my love of animals and Nature and Life in general. So here you will find stories, information, reminiscences, an occasional bit of advice and a recipe or two. Please check them both out!!!

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Meet My Rescue Dogs. July 23, 2012

The last couple of weeks I've done three posts on the latest member of my family, Jacob.  Starting with Neglect Is Abuse. Please check them out. He is app. 18 months old and hasn't been taught a thing! So we just start from scratch. Hes a smart and happy little guy, and he was so thrilled to have a toy to play with!!!

Ahulee turned 11 years old this Spring. He was signed out of the local Animal Control with his mom and littermates by a small rescue group. The shelter was overcrowded and their chances at even getting to be put up for adoption were slim to none. I saw him while delivering some Capstar to the temporary foster mom. What a goofy puppy!!!! Ears way too big, and he kept tilting his head and gazing up at me with this silly expression. Love at first sight. He is so loving and easy going. A Joy to be around. Handsome fellow, isn't he?

Heres Blossom.... striking a pose for the camera! She was dropped at a high kill shelter as a tiny pup two years ago. Brought to this area by a wonderful lady volunteering for another local group. I saw her picture on the computer screen, but I hadn't navigated to that page. Hmm, I believe in Fate you know. I was smitten once again. When I inquired about her, I was told she was adopted all ready. A couple of days later they contacted me to say that it had fallen through... and was I still interested? You bet! I KNEW she supposed to come live with me!  She is such a sweetheart, but very anxious. Seems to worry about darn near everything. Hopefully she'll grow out of some of that. But in the meantime, she has a loving home and other dogs and cats to play with. She also blogs occasionally, and keeps trying to get me to set her up a Facebook page! She might be a worry-wort, but shes also a ham.

I've saved Rory for last. She'll be 13 years old in October. She was found running and playing with another dog in the middle of a six lane highway, at night!  Luckily, some kind folks stopped and took her to a local rescue. I met her through a young friend who was training as a vet tech. Many thanks to Jessica! She picked the perfect dog for me! ha ha ha  Rory is the ultimate friend. Kind, patient, perceptive and always there when I need a hairy shoulder to lean on. She is the most LOVING dog I've ever had the pleasure and honor of sharing my life with.

Every dog I've ever had in my life has been a rescue. They have all brought their own personalities and special gifts. They've been by my side through thick and thin. I've learned some extremely important lessons from and with them. And I'm a better person for having known them. If we could just equal the amount of Love and Compassion that dogs show us everyday. The world would be a great place to live in!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment