About Me

My photo
Greetings and Welcome to http://www.crittersgaloreandsomuchmore.blogspot.com/ and also http://www.gardeneroflight.blogspot.com/ From these spaces I want to share my love of animals and Nature and Life in general. So here you will find stories, information, reminiscences, an occasional bit of advice and a recipe or two. Please check them both out!!!

Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Lizard Nursery!


Can you see the little baby in the upper left?

    For some of my potted plants I wound up buying some ready to use soil. I still had a bag about half full and had left it on my porch. When I went to use it the other day there was a tiny baby lizard in it. I shooshed it out and proceeded to remove some of the dirt. OH MY!! Lizard eggs! Lots of them! Looks like some lady lizards decided it would be a great nursery. I can't disagree with them. The soil is soft, the lighting very muted, the sun on the plastic warms things up and creates condensation. The top of the bag was left open, yet draped over to keep out the rain. Perfect!
    So I put everything back as best I could, and proceeded to work on another project. Which was digging a small bed for some ferns a friend is giving me. When I found more eggs in there, I just lifted them out and put them in the "nursery". What a great concept... I love it!

Heres another little one that hatched today. Isn't it cute?!

No comments:

Post a Comment