About Me

My photo
Greetings and Welcome to http://www.crittersgaloreandsomuchmore.blogspot.com/ and also http://www.gardeneroflight.blogspot.com/ From these spaces I want to share my love of animals and Nature and Life in general. So here you will find stories, information, reminiscences, an occasional bit of advice and a recipe or two. Please check them both out!!!

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Store-bought Tomato Plants to Scratch the Gardening Itch.

Blossom and a Cherokee Purple
   Trying to play catch-up with seedlings, I decided to purchase a couple of tomato plants. Picked German Johnson and Cherokee Purple because those are two of the many heirloom plants that I have been wanting to try  for ages now!
    I've also decided to try some of the Spring garden plants in containers, mainly because of the knot-root nematodes that inhabit my soil.  I've been ignoring my yard and garden for waaaaaaay too long. Time to change that.



My tomatoes in salvaged pots.
   Pretty meager looking beginnings. But since I plan on redoing most of my yard this year..... this is a step in the right direction!
   The wonderful weather we're having has inspired me to attempt WONDEROUS THINGS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment