About Me

My photo
Greetings and Welcome to http://www.crittersgaloreandsomuchmore.blogspot.com/ and also http://www.gardeneroflight.blogspot.com/ From these spaces I want to share my love of animals and Nature and Life in general. So here you will find stories, information, reminiscences, an occasional bit of advice and a recipe or two. Please check them both out!!!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Rootbound

I hate it when I unpot a plant and find something like this.
But as I'm trying to catch up with the backyard chores,  this is what I came across. I knew when I purchased this blue agapanthus that it had outgrown its container, but this is pretty extreme by any measure you could use!

But this time I thought to myself..... that would make an awesome series of pencil sketches.  And I've certainly had days where I can relate to this! ha ha

Took a while, but eventually most of the roots came untangled and I was able to divide the clump up into six main plants. Now I have to plant them all! Ooops, almost forgot, have African irises to divide up too. It'll be a busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment