About Me

My photo
Greetings and Welcome to http://www.crittersgaloreandsomuchmore.blogspot.com/ and also http://www.gardeneroflight.blogspot.com/ From these spaces I want to share my love of animals and Nature and Life in general. So here you will find stories, information, reminiscences, an occasional bit of advice and a recipe or two. Please check them both out!!!

Monday, June 4, 2012

Have To Start Catching Up!

Sad looking, but trying to hang in there!

The blooms all dried up on this eggplant. Too hot and dry, then too wet!

  Well, I have soooo much to catch up on around here. Our above-average heat ( thats putting it nicely!) combined with lengthy periods of NO RAIN have threatened to fry up whats left of the container garden. I'm tempted to try and plant a few things in the ground. sheesh  Then just when I think that I might as well give up on any moisture falling from the sky..... boom! we have a day or two of HEAVY rain, then back to dry as a bone. Its been a stress on all the plants AND me! ha ha ha   Will be rearranging the containers in the next two days, and deciding what to transplant. Hoping to borrow some scaffolding so I can start taking down that sick maple tree. I don't need to be worrying about that now that our Summer storm season has started. (You'll notice I didn't use the word "hurricane". Lets just keep that quiet. Shhhhh..... )
   Neighborhood news has it that there is a litter of kittens over on the next street. Don't know why they're telling me about it? My friends seem to be trying to find me a replacement for Malcolm. Trust me, there will never be another like him. But we do want to make sure the "babies" have a decent start in life, and hopefully loving forever homes. I'll keep ya'll updated on that.
   And some good news for Dogs in Brazil. They got the most votes and won that much needed $5,ooo! I'm certain Emmy is smiling about that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment